Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Asking for criticism?

Can it possibly be a good idea? My ENG134 teacher thinks so. She asked us to critique the class, and give her a paper with criticisms regarding the class style and teaching format. What a brilliant idea. The following will have been submitted to her at 9:30AM by the time you read this:

This class “ties” for first, rivaled only by my eighth-grade English class. However, I’m not sure how much my skills will have improved by the time I finish the class. You have offered your opinion on my essays, but they have been rather ambiguous, like “strengthen your thesis.” Perhaps some additional commentary, like how I could strengthen it would be more efficacious in my writing development. I do enjoy the story sharing at the beginning of class, as it lets us get to know each other much better in such a short quarter. Maybe you can even do individuals a favor and single out their particularly poor essays and have the class as a whole, via discussion, correct and bolster the essay’s content and structure.

I’m sure you will be able to figure out who wrote most of these commentaries by sentence structure and writing style, but don’t lose too much sleep over it.

It may not be exactly the way my “perfect” English class would be, but it doesn’t need to be. Thank you for the hours of work you dedicate to the class ‘behind the scenes’ grading papers and reading ramblings like this one. We all appreciate it.

While we're talking about English, the following are the first and second drafts of my 'division and comparison' essay. The first was peer reviewed on monday, and corrections have been highlighted in red.

First draft
Second draft

On another note, I think I consume too much Mountain Dew.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2004 at 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved the critique! love your writing style! from a mystery guest..........

 
At October 27, 2004 at 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved the critique! love your writing style! from a mystery guest..........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home