Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Booyakasha

Hello,

I recieved my package for Order #0069909 today. Brief visual inspection showed two purplish cathode tubes, which I assumed to confirm that they were UV tubes. I just finished installing them, and turned them on to find a very bright purple light flooding my system. At first, I thought they were just VERY BRIGHT, but upon realizing that my UV-reactive IDE cables were not reacting to anything, I grew a bit suspicious. I took a look at the CoolerMaster packaging to find a little red sticker next to a purple square labeled "DFL-UD1-EP 300mm". EP appears to stand for "purple", not UV. Turning the box around, I found in the lower right corner a sticker reading "Purple".

SO, it appears as though I have been shipped the wrong part. I can provide photographic proof, if desired, but for the time being, the barcode number is 8-36837-00534-1. I assume and essentially expect that the UV cathodes will be shipped immediately, after being prepared with the UV-reactive blue sleeving and black heat-shrink. I don't mean to be brusque, but this was my first time ordering from FrozenCPU.com, although I have been visiting the site for many many months, possibly more than a year, to see what the latest and greatest modding tools are, and I would like to have the bitter taste washed away.

I assume your policy requires me to send back the purple cathodes, which is perfectly fine, but I request that you send packing materials along with the correct cathodes, as it is very difficult for me to access a packaging facility.

Should you need my shipping address again:
Tenaya 212
Cal Poly
One Grand Avenue, 110
San Luis Obispo, CA
93410-1600

It is 3am here on the west coast. I hope that when I awaken at 9am [12pm EST], I will have an appropriate email, and hopefully, when I get out of class at 11am, I'll have a shipping notice.

Thank you for your time and effort, I'm sure it was just a mixup.
Have a nice day.
Sincerely,
Michael David

5 Comments:

At October 19, 2004 at 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY impressive letter, Mr. David, Jr.!! Your mother taught you well to speak up! Proud of you!!!!!! xoxox

 
At October 19, 2004 at 9:33 PM, Blogger M D said...

I believe this particular skill of writing an effective letter can be attributed to my father, actually. no drafts, no revisions.

 
At October 20, 2004 at 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Mr. David, Jr..........your comment is correct about that letter-writing skill. However, you did not address the issue that it is your MOTHER who influenced you to speak your mind........!!!! It is always good to give credit where credit is due!! xoxox

 
At October 20, 2004 at 5:40 PM, Blogger M D said...

modesty is also good. such a statement steals credit from other influential people in my life, and completely disregards my own personal growth. hubris is not something to be tossed around lightly; it can get you in trouble.

 
At October 21, 2004 at 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you scare me............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home