Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Shalom from cloud nine

We all new it was inevitable that I'd find a way to climb up the ranks once again; it's just my nature. So last week I went to the Hillel meeting just to be involved, and to see what was up. Uneventful, but it was good to see the guys and gals again. I went back again today, and one of the first things mentioned in the meeting was that Joe Schmoe was no longer goin to be in his position, which I hadn't caught at that point. Micah and Jeremy looked across the table and said "how about it, Michael?". I can't imagine my expression, but it was probably one that combined all other possible expressions of cheerful surprise. Of course, I accepted, and am now the Political Action Chair on Hillel's board. So exciting. Tons of stuff happening with events and such.

In other news, it's pretty chill at the moment. A miscalculation of time kept me up 'til around 4:45 this morning finishing an essay for Engish. I'm quite proud of it, though. Revisiing it for Friday, then again for Monday. I was going to be tired, but the Hillel news gave me the adrenaline shot necessary. I bought two more posters for the room yesterday; there's a booth out near the food places that had this 2 for $14 sale, so I perused, not really planning on buying anything. But then, there appeared a poster of Mr. Pink and Mr. White pointing their pistols at each other. My heart melted. I had to have that poster. Now the challenge was to find the second. I turned the board over, and whaddya know!?! It was a poster of the entire group as they left the restaurant. I'll get pictures up in due time.

I think that's all for now. Major props to the grandmother.

Shalom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home